Polling the Board Game Community
The Board Game Design Lab is a great community for creators to share ideas and collaborate. I frequent the site quite a lot to learn from others and give feedback as I am able. On several occasions I have asked the community for feedback, and they have not disappointed! There are so many generous people there that donate their time to help everyone better their designs.
on the new direction of the card design. Design A was the new redesign and Design B was the original. After 69 comments later here are the results:
There is a clear winner! I'm going with A. :-)
Poll: What makes your game unique?
I am trying to distill and crystalize what makes Electoral Barrage unique and worth playing. There are many others games already on the market. In fact, I heard a statistic that there are thousands of new board games released every year. How do I stand out in a sea of board games? I decided to ask others what they consider unique in their own game. After 69 comments (it took a while to read all of them) here is what I gathered as main topics?
- Easy to Learn Mechanics
- Theme is Approachable / Accessible / Relatable / Nostalgic
- Replay-Ability / Hard to Master
- Unique Combination of Mechanic(s)
- Game Idea not on market yet / Novel
- Unique Artwork
- It is Fun to play!
- Minimal Rules
- Scale of the Game / Level of Detail
- Interesting Choices (made in the game)
- Intellectual Property (IP) appeal
- Theme is well Implemented / Accurate / Educational
- Unique Scoring / Win Condition
- Unique Technology integration
Also, I was linked to a nice article on the subject:
Thanks for stopping by. Why not leave a comment or join me in a live playtest?