Money, Money, Money
What is more thematic in a political setting than a big pile of money! Adding money donations was an idea that I had been kicking around for quite a while, but never included. It adds a layer of complexity so I have to be careful that it really does solve issues to justify its existence.
Donations address the following:
Players have immediate short-term goals now. Don't know where to go? Why not go for a pile of money?
- Fun Factor
It is fun collecting things!
Part of running a modern election campaign is raising large sums of money. So it does feel good on some level that it is a necessary factor.
I found it difficult to convert some of the character abilities to persistent or always in effect abilities. Once they were tied to money it became easy to implement.
- Attack Ads
Attack Ads always felt a little like a ping-pong ball. You put in the effort to win a large state like California only to have it stolen by two lucky rolls by other players at the end of the game. I do not want to completely remove this, but it needed retooling. With the new change it takes more effort to unseat someone.
Attack Ads re-work
Old Attacks Ads Rules:
- The odds to get into the state are the same odds to pull them out.
- If you get a 6 you can replace instead of just remove the piece with your own.
New Attack Ads Rules:
- The odds to get into the state are the same odds to pull them out. (unchanged)
- Rolling a "magic" 6 no longer automatically does anything special.
- You must pay a certain amount of money before rolling to upgrade the Attack Ad from a remove only to a possible replace. Now if you get the necessary roll you can replace instead of just removing.
- For example: Play 4 money and now a 4,5,or 6 could replace them with your token instead of just removing.
Bonus for being first!
Upgraded Character Abilities
Here is an example:
The regular ability only allows the player to roll a bonus +1 in Blue States without any other delegates present. This focuses the player to go into empty Blue States. However, each time they spend 2 money they can use this ability in a Blue State even with Delegates in it. Time to fly into the action!
See you around the table! Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment